Business Development Manager
We are growing and we need to enlist more firepower in our Business Development team.
We are lucky enough to be an intentionally remote business, working from home full time, but getting together for team meetings and any excuse for a social. Ideally our new recruit would be local-ish to the Ashford area with a space at home suitable for focus and productivity.
Monday to Friday. You will be required to work 8 hours per day (7.5 on a Friday) but when is up to you. We run ‘glide time’ between 07:30-19:30 so as long as you are there for when the business needs you, the rest is up to you.
When we need you
We are ideally looking for someone to start with us asap, but will obviously work with the right person to take notice periods into consideration.
Purpose of the Role:
To work within a dynamic team, on sales prospecting, in order to drive business growth. To further expand and develop our presence across the global recruitment market, building on current success and building new accounts, relationships and translating those new opportunities into new business.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- New business development, identifying and targeting new accounts
- Understanding client requirements at both a strategic and tactical level to be able to offer the best business solutions
- Building strong commercial and long-term relationships with prospects and clients
- To identify new opportunities for product development within designated market sectors
- Work collaboratively with other business areas to leverage opportunity and develop joined-up propositions.
- Conducting sales meetings and presentations with prospective clients
- Develop and maintain market knowledge
- To achieve personal KPIs and sales targets
- Mentoring/supporting new members of the team
Success – how is the role measured?
- Revenue in line with targets
- Margin in line with targets
- Customer feedback
- Customer relationships
Knowledge – what do you need to know?
- Knowledge of the recruitment market
- New Business Development experience or from an equivalent or relevant sector
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft programmes
- Experience of working to and achieving targets
- Preparation and delivery of sales propositions and presentations
Skills – what do you need to do well?
- Presentation skills
- Strong communication skills; verbally, written and face to face
- Relationship building
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent relationship building skills, for both new and existing business
- Management of diary; booking and setting your own meetings
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Being confident with cold calling
- Ability to Manage Multiple Projects and Relationships Simultaneously
Attitude – what mind set do you need?
- High Work Ethic
- Customer obsessed
If this sounds like you then send your details through to email@example.com – we look forward to meeting you!